Yesterday I started to share with you, the Top 5 Mistakes most self-employed people and business make, when trying to make money.
To recap, what were those Top 5 Mistakes again?
1. We are unclear about what we offer
2. We are unclear about who we are offering it to
3. We keep ourselves a secret
4. We imagine we are doing things when we are actually just thinking about it
5. We don’t believe we are worth it (and often undercharge!)
Over the next few days, in the run up to our next “Money Gym Presents…..Business” workshop, I’ll be going into each mistake in a bit more detail.
(And don’t forget, you can hear what our two speakers on Saturday, Daniel Wagner & Richard White “The Accidental Salesman” think about the whole topic here)
Richard White – http://www.MoneyGymRadio.com
Daniel Wagner – http://www.MoneyGymRadio.com
So, Mistake #2:
1. We are unclear about who we are offering our product or service to
One of the biggest mistakes I see is people saying that their product or service is great for “anyone” whereas we should actually be defining very clearly who our ideal potential future client or customer is.
This has three effects….you could have guessed that by now though, couldn’t you?!
1. The first is that we don’t know where to find our ideal future client or customer (let’s call them our PFC shall we?)
2. The second is that, because we don’t know who they are, we don’t know what their specific problem or pain is, or whether our service, product provides the best solution for them.
3. The third is that we don’t know how to simply, powerfully and authentically communicate the fact that we have that solution for them.
We also need to identify some key qualities of our ideal PFC. Sit and brainstorm as many as possible but think about at least these three for starters….
1. They need to be experiencing this problem or pain – or you are educating your market they need you and that’s hard work.
2. They need to be experiencing it now! This creates urgency and helps that buying decision happen.
3. They need to be able to afford our solution. And you need to make it easy for them to pay.
In the Money Gym we know exactly who our ideal client is. Because I know who they are, it makes it easy to communicate to them that we understand what their challenges are around money, independence, overwhelm, financial control, old age, overwork, responsibility, cashflow management, security, work/life balance.
There are many other types of people who need help with their finances, and we attract many of them too, but we write all our ezines, our website, our marketing material, our article, our reports, with just one person in mind.
Not one type of person, one actual person.
One of our most recent ideal clients in fact.
Could that person be you?
We will see.
Anyway….here are YOUR 3 ACTION STEPS:
1. Read the rest of my emails this week
2. Join Richard White and myself tonight on the fr*ee Webinar
3. Come along to our “Money Gym Presents…..Business” workshop on Saturday in Central London.
THEN WE CAN HELP YOU TO:
1. Identify your ideal PFC and their specific problem
2. Craft just three choices when offering your solution to their problem
3. Communicate those choices in a simple, focused way.
See you there!
<<< READ PART ONE HERE READ PART THREE HERE >>>