100% independent review of the Six Figure Mentors offer by Nicola Cairncross, who is an 3 x Author, Speaker, Podaster & 20+ years online, internet marketing veteran.
I was approached to become a “Founder Member” by a couple I know, like and respect, Chris & Susan Beesley. They were heavily involved with the Six Figure Mentors launch, as is Daniel Wagner, who I also know, like and respect.
So I got some more info and watched a short video (I’m not going to link to it – you can find it all over YouTube and Facebook). I know their offer includes hosting and website production tools among lots of other things.
All well and good you may think….except I don’t need hosting and website production tools. I have those already, I use the “best of breed” tools for my level of business.
But If I Want To Get Online, Isn’t It All Useful Stuff?
However many other people do need those tools, and it’s a slick looking operation. From the outside it looks like Kajabi meets affiliate marketing meets coaching meets MLM)
I was still thinking about it….I have a big responsive list and I’ve always wanted to make MLM work for me, as Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki apparently both say that, if they were starting again today, knowing what they know know, they would start an MLM company.
And believe me I’ve tried, everything from water filters to Success University.
And if someone who’s been online 20+ years, who’s bought hotels “no money down”, whose made over £160,000 from an empty room in Mayfair in under 6 months….
Well, if I can’t make MLM work, with my marketing and sales skills, my speaking ability, my mailing list….I don’t know who can!
No seriously, it seems to be the people who are great at networking and face to face sales, that make network marketing work.
So Maybe Six Figure Mentors Will Suit The Introverts?
But I’ve always put that lack of success down to my horror at the idea of selling to family and friends, hosting meetings in my house, but most of all down to my lack of consistency and my horror of HAVING to do anything on a repetitive basis.
Perhaps Six Figure Mentors would work for someone who is an introvert, who wants to set something up online but who can’t figure out all the moving parts, who has failed at all the other MLM opportunities before?
Because internet marketing is brilliant for someone who’s not good at doing things on a consistent basis- you do the work once and don’t have to be there all the time after all.
And then I remembered what my business partner in The Money Gym, Judith Morgan, herself a qualified accountant and genius with figures, always says about MLM. It’s an awful lot of work for not very much profit margin. And worse than that, you are building someone else’s business but not your own business. The rug could be pulled at any time.
(The only way to avoid that happening is to maintain an independent mailing list on an independent list host like aWeber or GetResponse for example, squeeze your prospects through your own page first, then jump them to your MLM optin page).
And then it hit me again!
Robert & Donald said they would START an MLM company, not JOIN one.
Income Locked In & Dependent On Anyone Else
Aye, and in the course of the conversation……then came the rub with The Six Figure Mentor deal!
You can only make money from commissions selling the system to other people, if you join.
That’s totally different to affiliate marketing or internet marketing where you can make money from reselling them without having to use the tools yourself.
I prefer to sell my own products and services (there’s more profit & control that way), but I have had some pretty good successes with Affiliate promotions too, including making over £3300 in one weekend from just one mail out (for Laura Betterley’s Local Social course, as I remember.
And you ONLY get paid your ongoing commissions if you STAY joined. Even if you are not using or getting value from the product.
So it’s actually MLM dressed up as internet marketing mento
Well, it was only a matter of time.
But is that a bad thing? Well, if you have tried and failed with internet marketing, perhaps the Six Figure Mentors is for you. If you want to get started online, want a set system to follow, someone to tell you what to do, perhaps it will work for you.
While You Are Here,
Download My New Book
100% Free Of Charge
What About The Sales Tactics?
I’ve heard a lot about the sales tactics some MLM companies use. Some of the comments I got on this post originally make it sound like selling anything is evil but, if you want to become successful, you have to get over yourself about the horror of selling.
Selling is just providing a solution to a problem and Six Figure Mentors are providing a solution to the problem that a lot of people need to make a second income, they want to do that online and they don’t know where to start.
In order to solve someone’s problem, you have to exchange your solution to that problem, for money. Or you won’t be in business long.
And it’s true that the internet marketing industry is getting more and more popular and more and more hyped, with people on large seminar stages using all the same emotional tricks that the MLM people use to motivate and sell – all the NLP, hypnotic language etc.
And there is a lot of people selling absolute rubbish in the internet marketing space, believe me.
Who is responsible for you reaching in your wallet, taking out your money and buying?
Don’t take your credit / debit cards to events if you don’t want to buy. Don’t be pressured into buying on the spot for fear of missing out. There’s ALWAYS a way to buy later, believe me.
In Conclusion, Is It Worth Joining?
I’m not saying that The Six Figures Mentors is wrong, or a scam or anyway underhand. In fact, knowing the people who introduced me, I think it will probably deliver enormous value to the right kind of people. To those who take action and ask for help from their upline and don’t rest until they get that help.
If you really can’t manage to learn the basics of internet or affiliate marketing then it might be useful for you.
Creating an internet business is all about doing the learning and the work once and then letting your online system do the work for you.
You are reading this because my online system works, you found my blog post listing and you came and visited my site. You might sign up for my free Money Gym book or watch one of my free videos while you are here.
You might decide to create your own online business and one day, when you need help, come back and ask me for help.
Your Quick Online Business Checklist & Resources List
All you need to do is, in order to create your own online business is the following steps, in pretty much this order:
- Buy a domain name at Namecheap for example.
- Buy the best, low cost hosting at BlueHost (always good to keep your domain & hosting separate) which I used to use, or the one I now use, the “rolls royce” of WordPress hosting, WPEngine.
- Install a WordPress blog in one click, from the control panel in your hosting (ask Support, they’ll help)
- Buy a nice premium theme from somewhere like StudioPress
- Add valuable content to your blog regularly – everything from YouTube videos to podcast content, re-purposed and leveraged, like I share in this free video.
- Connect up Facebook Page, Twitter & Instagram accounts and share links to your blog content on them (use Buffer)
- Create a Lead Magnet (free gift) or buy a PLR (Private Label Rights) one to use.
- You’ll want to be looking at Leadpages now, to create your Optin Pages, Thank You Pages, Sales Pages and Webinar Registration pages – nothing I have ever used converts as well as Leadpages do.
- Set up a mailing list using the very sexy list host / automation software GetDrip which at only $1 a month for up to 100 leads (trounces Mailchimp as it has so many more features based on what actions people take). Both integrate with Leadpages.
- Get a pop up lightbox on your site (Leadpages and GetDrip make it easy if you use them!), or you can use the excellent OptInMonster with other mailing list hosts, then build and nurture that mailing list with great follow up emails.
- Create a low cost product of your own ($7 to $27 usually – audio or video content is quick and easy) or recommend other people’s products (this is called affiliate marketing). This offer weeds out the people who are willing to buy, from those who are just seeking free stuff all the time.
- You can get a great free video on how to get started with affiliate marketing my mate Sarah Staar – I recommend her very highly.
- Create a higher ticket item product (or find one to sell as an affiliate) and offer that to the people who buy Product 1.
- Create a series of follow up emails for those who don’t buy, offering them great low cost products from other people. Create a series of follow up emails for those who did buy, offering them your next product.
- Start split testing the headlines and calls to action on your own key optin and sales pages (without having to change your own web pages) using Improvely
- Share your learning, which boosts your own online income from sales – by teaching others to make money online in the way that you have. People want to learn from people they know, like and trust.
- I can help you get started with the structure that all of the above resources hang onto via “The Perfect Online Business Plan“.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, you’ll pay no more but I might make some commission if you buy. I use all these tools myself so can recommend them personally.
I like this method over any others, because I have a real horror of my future income being dependent on ANYONE except me – that’s why I chose to become an entrepreneur anyway.
The thing that worries me about any MLM company – not just the 6 Figure Mentors – is that everyone will be locked in, regardless of whether they are still getting value, and having to keep paying, in order to keep making their commissions. But I’m sure the people who have built big downlines don’t mind paying that recurring fee.
It’s the people who are still paying it out of hope that they will, one day, take action and make it big, that I worry about.
And I would just PERSONALLY prefer to make my money recommending something that I actually use myself.
If you want to find out how to make money online independently, then check out my FREE REPORT & VIDEO “The Perfect Online Business Plan“.
It’s a proven step by step system for setting up your own online business using my own tried and tested methods.
There’s my 100% independent review – on The Six Figure Mentors. Whichever path you choose to get started making money online, I wish you every success. It’s well worth it!
Now Watch This Free Video!