Online Business Action Checklist
(& Recommended Resources List)
In order to create your own online business, just follow these action steps, in pretty much this order. If you are already online, this will serve as a usecful checklist to make sure you are not missing anything.
If you want help with all of this, I’d be delighted and all you have to do is join my very affordable Inner Circle Mentoring Membership. Get onto the VIP Waiting List by clicking here.
- Think about which of the 4-5 main markets you want to get into as an Affiliate initially (if you don’t have your own product / service). Buy a domain name at Namecheap for example.
- Now you need to decide if you want to use the “best of breed” tool for each part of your online business or if you want to use one of the “all in one” solutions like ClickFunnels (if you click that link you get a Free 14 Day Trial) or ActiveCampaign. Let’s assume you are going for each part separately.
- Buy the best, low cost hosting at BlueHost (always good to keep your domain & hosting separate) which I used to use. Now I use two for different types of site; Liquidweb, which I use for my membership site hosting or the “Rolls Royce” of WordPress hosting, which is WPEngine.
- Install a WordPress blog in one click, from the control panel in your hosting (or ask your Support, they’ll help)
- If not using ClickFunnels orLeadpages, either use one of the WordPress default themes or buy a nice premium theme from somewhere like StudioPress – these themes look great and you are safe from nasty code.
- Add valuable content on your chosen topic to your blog regularly – everything from YouTube videos to podcast content (you can share other’s good stuff, you don’t even have to create or write your own but it’s best to sprinkle a few personal posts in there too). Then leverage across your social media platforms, following this simple system I share in this free webinar.
- While you’ll attract a small trickle of traffic to your website by adding content and sharing it on social media, you’ll need to do more, much more to make a living online. You will either pay for traffic or work for it. I recommend mastering the former because it’s faster and more reliable. You can pay for traffic via solo ads, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, YouTube Ads or something similar. You can register for my free “Facebook Ads Masterclass” here. If you have no marketing budget yet, you’ll need to work for your traffic, via an extended Social Media plan. I have created a free webinar called “How To “Be Everywhere Online” (In 2 Hours A Week Or Less)” and you can register for that here.
- Connect up Facebook Page, Twitter & Instagram accounts and share links to your blog content on them (use Buffer)
- Create a Lead Magnet (free gift) or buy a PLR (Private Label Rights) one to use.
- You’ll want to be looking at ClickFunnels or Leadpages now, to create your Optin Pages, Thank You Pages, Sales Pages and Webinar Registration pages – nothing I have ever used converts as well as Leadpages or ClickFunnels do.
- Set up a mailing list using the very sexy list host / automation software GetDrip which at only $1 a month for up to 100 leads (trounces Mailchimp as it has so many more features based on what actions people take). Both integrate with Leadpages.
- Get a pop up lightbox on your site (ClickFunnels, Leadpages and GetDrip make it easy if you use their service), or you can use the excellent OptInMonster with other mailing list hosts, then build and nurture that mailing list with great follow up emails.
- Create a low cost product of your own ($7 to $27 usually – audio or video content is quick and easy) or recommend other people’s products (this is called Affiliate Marketing). This offer weeds out the people who are willing to buy, from those who are just seeking free stuff all the time.
- You can get a great free video on how to get started with affiliate marketing by my mate Sarah Staar – I recommend her very highly.
- Create a higher ticket item product (or find one to sell as an affiliate) and offer that to the people who buy Product 1.
- Create a series of follow up emails for those who don’t buy, offering them great low cost products from other people. Create a series of follow up emails for those who did buy, offering them your next product.
- Start split testing the headlines and calls to action on your own key optin and sales pages (without having to change your own web pages) using Improvely
- Share your learning, which boosts your own online income from sales – by teaching others to make money online in the way that you have. People want to learn from people they know, like and trust.
- Especially if you are an author, expert, coach or consultant, I can help you get started with the structure that all of the above resources hang onto, via my free book “The Perfect Online Business Plan”.
Earnings Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, you’ll pay no more but I might make some commission if you buy. I use all these tools myself so can recommend them personally.
If you are an author, expert, coach or consultant and you want to find out how to stop trading time for money, create digital products out of your expertise and create a community and recurring income around your knowledge, then check out my FREE REPORT & VIDEO “The Perfect Online Business Plan”.
It’s a proven step by step system using my own tried and tested methods while building The Money Gym and now my Inner Circle Mentoring Membership. Get onto the VIP Waiting List for that by clicking here