I wanted to share with you the Top 10 Internet Marketing Gurus for 2019 who have inspired me on my online business journey so far. You may not have heard of some of them and I could expand this list dramatically but my main criteria for selecting them is that they are genuinely as successful as they appear, that they offer some sort of free training and that they are down to earth people who genuinely care about their students.
- Gary Vaynerchuk – well, what do you say about Gary? I bloomin’ love him. I first heard him on an audio interview Rich Schefren did for his mentoring students back in 2006 and Gary was just starting to rise to World Wine Domination! With his appearances on the “Planet of the Apps” programme with Gwyneth Paltro and Will.i.am you can bet he’s on his way to worldwide domination too. You can find Gary at GaryVayerchuk.com and all over YouTubeand all other social media – he’s the MASTER of online content marketing. Enthusiastic, passionate, straight talking, unconventional, Gary believes in PATIENCE & HARD WORK, that if you have talent and work your butt off, you can simply “Crush It!” which is the title of his first book. If you care about what you do, care about your readers, listeners, subscribers and customers and if you show you care at all times. Smaller companies have NEVER had a better chance to dominate their competition. Later books include “The Thank You Economy” and “#AskGaryVee” Highly, highly recommended, I met him for the first time at the first legendary Soho Meetup in London, just before he launched the VaynerMedia London office and he’s such a nice man offline too.
- Sarah Staar is a homegrown British guru. When it comes to Affiliate Marketing, you really need to check out Sarah Staar. This is her speciality and I know her personally, know her to be as consistently successful as she appears and is down to earth. Formerly a tv camerawoman, she was the go-to gal for getting your events filmed, and has managed to become seriously successful in spite of having dyslexia. She currently lives in France with her husband Dave, who also now works in her business and she can often be found making videos from her Tesla, a beautiful car if ever I’ve seen one! If you want to become an Affiliate Marketer, where you make money by promoting other people’s products or services, then you could do no better than watch some of her free videos.
- Jaclyn Easton‘s book “Striking It Rich.com” which I read around 1999 opened my eyes to the wonders of recurring billing and membership sites before anyone else ever mentioned them. I had been trying to get an internet business off the ground, based around matching up unsigned artists in the music industry (where my husband and I had worked) with managers looking for artist to read. Jaclyn’s book was all about 23 little known websites that make more than $1 million per year and essentially many of the business models were membership sites. This inspired me so much I ended up presenting my ArtistManager membership site business plan at the VERY SECOND the dot com bubble exploded, at the fancy Atlantic Bar & Grill in London, to a bunch of Venture Capitalists, during a fire alarm. Which fire alarm bell started and stopped randomly, so I was alternatively shouting into the void, or totally inaudible!
- Brett McFall – Steve Watson, Paul & Philly Fuggle and I were invited to go along and support Guy Levine when he was speaking at the first World Internet Summit to happen in the UK, in Wembley. There the co-host was Alan Forrest Smith who, while not one of my Digital Marketing gurus on this list, has been incredibly influential. I resolved, while standing in the audience at that first event, to speak on the stage next year. And I did, thanks to Alan, in fact I went on to speak twice for them, the only British woman to be asked to do so. I became great freinds with Brett McFall, one of the co-founders of WIS as it’s now universally known, and he’s a very inspirational guy. He’s a very kind and genuine man who has helped me a lot with my speaking and promoting my business from the stage particularly. Check out his Uncommon Viewwebsite and videos.
- James Schramko says “When I started online I was a General Manager working with Mercedes-Benz by day and an Online marketer by night. My General manager job involved commanding a large team of employees in a multi-million dollar business. It was quite difficult to piece together this ‘internet’ thing in my spare time. I spent many hours researching and compiling information only to have much of fail in execution. Once I discovered what really worked I was able to succeed rapidly. I have now created a highly resource rich community where I share these insights to others.” I’m a member of that SuperFastBusiness community and I can’t see myself leaving anytime soon.
- Andy Shaw – Andy’s become one of my best friends over the years and I’ve watched him go from incredibly successful property investor to bankrupt, through to incredibly successful global author – twice over! Here’s a bit of his story in his own words. “I like to think of myself as an ordinary guy, people tell me I’m different but it really does just feel normal to me. The difference people talk about is “how I think.” I seem to think differently to other people. This started when I was 13 and I had my eyes opened to the possibilities for my life. My millionaire great Uncle Dave took me to one side and told me I too was going to become a millionaire too. This changed my thinking from a very young age, so I had success “woven” into my desires from then. It was only later on after I had made millions did I realise the importance of the gift he gave me that day. Success starts with a thought, nothing more.It starts with a thought and is then cultivated into an idea, a dream, a design for something more. No-ones success ever starts any other way, it all begins in your mind. This is nothing new, I am probably not teaching you something that you don’t already know. However, the word know is powerful when used correctly and destructive when used badly. You only know something when you are applying and living it, until then you only think you know it. This is a very tiny but very powerful distinction. You will find that it is not the big things which are preventing your success, but tiny little insignificant details which are pulling you off course. After losing it all and getting feedback from my readers saying, please tell us more. I decided to write a few more articles. People liked them, so I wrote more… Then soon after that I realised I was writing a book on success and it turned into two books called “Creating A Bug Free Mind” and “Using A Bug Free Mind” and you can watch a great free video here.
- Frank Kern – I was listening to one of Brett’s audio interviews around this same time and was particularly taken with a couple of guys who had a simple but dynamite system called “The UnderAchiever Method”. Those guys turned out to be Frank Kern and Ed Dale and they had invented a neat little system involving driving traffic to a page where you asked one question “What One Thing Do You Want To Know About……X?Where X is your chosen niche key phrase. The answers were collated and compiled so you could see what most people wanted to know about, and which were the most popular 1 word, 2 word and 3-word phrases people were using. Then you went and created the product (usually an ebook, perhaps written by a ghostwriter, covering the most popular questions) and then you sold it back to your new mailing list.Most people gave the initial product away as an incentive to answer the questions and this also brought testimonials, so it was all good. Then the new traffic coming through was sold the product along with real testimonials and using the language of the niche. Very clever stuff.I believe they sold their mini-publishing empire of niche information product pages to a UK publisher for a very large sum of money, in the end. That was the first time I really realised the value of a specialist, niche market, responsive mailing list of buyers. Both Frank and Ed have gone on to become incredibly successful in their separate businesses, in Franks case not without a few setbacks!His online style is laconic, casual and very, very persuasive. Now Frank gets some stick but I just love his style and watching his Facebook Live recordings are just hilarious. Ed Dale went on to found the highly successful “30 Day Challenge” which walks new internet marketers through a free program (Ed makes his money on the affiliate products he recommends in that free program). Not sure if the 30 Day Challenge is still going but you could Google it or contact Ed on Social Media. Check Frank out at FrankKern.com
- Rich Schefren – around 2006 a new internet marketing guru exploded on the scene, except he was a real life business guru who was moving into the internet marketing world, having sold his last business. Having coached many of the big names such as Jim Edwards, Mike Filsaime and many others, he then released his ground breaking report “The Internet Marketing Manifesto” swiftly followed by the “Missing Chapter” and “Final Chapter” reports. Rich blew my mind because he taught a load of solid business techniques that I had NEVER come across before, in an easy to understand and digest way, capturing the attention and admiration of the ADD troubled internet marketing community at the same time. I went on join both his “Business Growth System2 and “Guided Profits System” mentoring programmes – which are fantastic by the way – and my company The Money Gym started to grow swiftly as a result. Download the report – it’s not just about IM but about entrepreneurship – you won’t regret it.t
- Thomas Leonard – Thomas was the founder of the Coaching movement, and Coach U, which was my personal online college, and then Coachville. It’s so important, if you are going to be successful online, to get your head straight and getting a good grasp of these personal development principles will help you do that. Thomas wrote the first coaching book “The Portable Coach”, which I highly recommend still and back in 1998/1999 he already used email, mailing lists, research & development groups, autoresponders and everything we use today pretty much. Thomas was very inspirational and ahead of his time, however, he died very unexpectedly and tragically, having overcome many of his personal demons, in 2003.
- Yaro Starak – I can’t remember where I first came across Yaro and his Entrepreneurs Journeyblog but I knew instantly he was the real deal. I have subsequently gone back and read pretty much everyone one of his blog posts from Day One because I was fascinated in how he grew from a kid selling students Dissertation Editing Services to one of the most respected bloggers in the world. He’s got an interesting background and talks very openly about that, and his various challenges – both work and personal – and I love that about him. It’s not just how to get traffic, it’s how to be a better entrepreneur.
I hope this list of Internet Marketing Gurus 2019 has helped you like they have all helped me. Now, while you are here, why don’t you download a copy of my latest book, “Attract 3.0” as I have a bit of a superpower too!
I help business authors, specialist consultants and coaches transform into confident online marketers who can build a powerful personal brand and generate new leads at will, 24/7/365. I’m offering it on a “pay what you want” basis right now, so get your copy now!